Georg Fischer Ltd is the New Zealand distributor for Radiodetection pipe and cable locators. Radiodetection's Cable Avoidance Tools (C.A.T) are used by utilities worldwide to prevent accidental damage to underground services when excavating and use Radiodetection's precision locators (RD7100 and RD8100 products) to accurately locate buried services.
Precision Locator Range
Locating and protecting buried infrastructure are key operations for many industries, and locator technicians need reliable equipment that can be used all day, every day in tough environments. They demand tools that can deliver efficient operations, high levels of safety and precise and accurate measurements. Radiodetection’s Precision Locators are designed to meet these demanding requirements.
- RD7200, RD8200, RD8200G Brochure (PDF/ 3 MB)
- RD7200 & RD8200 Comparison Flyer (PDF/ 361 KB)
- RD7200 Brochure (PDF/ 3 MB)
- RD7200 Locator Specification (PDF/ 668 KB)
- RD7200 Precision Utility Cable & Pipe Locator Operation Manual (PDF/ 3 MB)
- RD7200 Utility Cable and Pipe Locator Range User Guide (PDF/ 3 MB)
- RD8200 Brochure (PDF/ 5 MB)
- RD8200 Precision Multifunction Cable & Pipe Locator Operation Manual (PDF/ 4 MB)
- RD8200 Multifunction Precision Cable and Pipe Locators User Guide (PDF/ 6 MB)
- Tx Transmitter Specification (PDF/ 348 KB)
- Precision Locators and Tx Transmitters Accessories Product Range (PDF/ 1 MB)
Cable Avoidance Tools
Cable Avoidance Tools assist in identifying the location of buried cables and pipes before excavation, reducing the risk of injury to personnel and damage to utilities. Drive best practice, reduce utility strikes, and improve safety with C.A.T and Genny.
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) uses radio waves to build a picture of what is below the surface. Ground Penetrating Radar sends out a pulse of radio energy which bounces off the buried object and is detected by the receiver. The results, showing the location and depth of buried objects, are displayed in real-time in the field or can be integrated into maps and other deliverables.
Metal and Magnetic Locators
Water and Gas customers need to find, repair and replace ageing buried assets as part of national general improvements and maintenance to reduce industry leakage statistics. For over half a century, Schonstedt has been a worldwide leader in designing and manufacturing underground magnetic locators commonly called magnetometers. The Schonstedt range of Magnetometers are designed to locate and trace deep buried pipes, pipe joints and welds in the water, gas and petrochemical industries.
- Schonstedt Locators Brochure (PDF/ 2 MB)
- RD310 Metal Cover Locator Flyer (PDF/ 354 KB)
- GA-52Cx Magnetic Locator Instruction Manual (PDF/ 1 MB)
- GA-72Cd Magnetic Locator Instruction Manual (PDF/ 1 MB)
- GA-92XTd Magnetic Locator Instruction Manual (PDF/ 1 MB)
- MAGGIE Magnetic Locator Instruction Manual (PDF/ 1 MB)
- SPOT Magnetic Locator Instruction Manual (PDF/ 1 MB)
Plastic Water Pipe Locator
There are continuous time and cost pressures on Water Companies to reduce water loss; Radiodetection is focused on providing solutions to water utility contractors who need to quickly and accurately locate and trace plastic water pipes, either to lay additional services or to repair leakages.
Designed to extend the capabilities of Radiodetection products, accessories available include rechargeable battery packs and flexible rods.