Focusing on standardization is a good tradition for Georg Fischer in its history more than 200 years. Experts from Georg Fischer Piping Systems are globally active in diversified standardization committees. For instance ISO/TC 138 and ISO/TC5 in International Standardization Organization, and CEN/TC155, CEN/TC164, CEN/TC193, CEN/TC203, CEN/TC249 and CEN/TC69 in European standards association (Comité Européen de Normalisation), national standardization associations as well, such as DIN in Germany, SNV in Switerland, SAC/TC48 in China and so on. The most important functions hold by +GF+ experts at this moment are:
- Chairmanship of ISO/TC138/SC2, "Plastics pipes, fittings and valves for the transport of fluids - Plastics pipes and fittings for water supplies"
- Chairmanship of ISO/TC5/SC5, "Ferrous metal pipes and metallic fittings - Threaded fittings, solder fittings, welding fittings, pipe threads, thread gauges"
- Convenorship of ISO/TC138/SC3/WG6, "Plastics pipes, fittings and valves for the transport of fluids - Plastics pipes and fittings for industrial applications - Specifications for components and piping systems - Design, calculation and installation"
- Convenorship of CEN/TC69/WG16, "Plastics piping systems and ducting systems - Industrial valves - Plastic valves"
- Convenorship of CEN/TC155/WG8, "Plastics piping systems and ducting systems - Systems for water supply and pressure drainage and sewerage - PVC-U"
- Convenorship of CEN/TC155/WG23, "Plastics piping systems and ducting systems - Thermoplastics systems for industrial applications"
In china, Georg Fischer piping systems Ltd., Shanghai is authorized as core member of SAC/TC48/SC3 (National standardization association of plastic products). After leading preparing standard of , GF shanghai participates standardization projects of plastics valves in China and lead preparation and transformation ISO technical report ISO/TR10358: 1993 < Plastics pipes and fittings-Combined chemical resistance classification table >, which would be a good fundament to instruct the whole plastics industry how to select proper material for industrial application. At the same time, GF shanghai has applied project plans for national standards of “Polyethylene with raised temperature resistance (PE-RT) piping system for hot and cold water installation” and “Polypropylene Homopolymer (PP-H) piping system for industrial application”.
In order to promote application for plastics piping system, GF shanghai contribute a lot in technical specification for plastics piping systems as well. In the national technical specification JGJ 142-2004 , Georg Fischer worked as one of lead members in preparing team. Other specifications such as DBJ/CT 508-2001 , universal guideline for installation instruction of 91SB1-1: 2005 and 91SB3-1: 2005 and so on.